A company’s inventory strategy has a large affect on the overall structure and operating cost of the supply chain.
- Given my company’s parameters, what is the best possible method for forecasting? How can I mitigate the risks of forecast error and irregular demand on my forecasting results?
- How should the nature of demand in my industry affect my inventory policy? Is my industry’s demand perpetual, seasonal, or declining?
- How can I link my inventory and transportation strategies to decrease pipeline inventory?
- What are importation factors to consider given that I have a push or pull inventory policy?
- Given my production constraints, what is the best way to balance all costs relating to my inventory objectives?
- I have a pull supply chain with very uncertain demand and lead-time, what should be my optimal re-order point?
- What changes have to be made to my organization in order to implement just-in-time demand? What tradeoffs would have to be made? How should I best schedule my supply?
- How can my organization formalize their materials resource planning? How should we deal with lead time uncertainty when following MRP?
- Which purchasing strategies are most pertinent to my organization?